The background organisation of Zodiak – Centre for New Dance is Zodiak Presents ry, a non-profit organisation registered in 1986.
The association works to promote and develop dance-based art, to build and nurture interest and understanding of dance as art and to support dance performances and audience education work in both Finland and abroad.
In order to achieve its goals, the organisation…
- maintains a dance centre named Zodiak
- arranges dance performances, festivals and other comparable events
- arranges rehearsals, courses and training events
- arranges communication, research and publication activities
- arranges other performance and theatre activities
- collaborates with other like-minded organisations.
Individuals that accept the organisation’s goals can join it as regular members. Support members are individuals or legal bodies that want to support Zodiak’s goals and activities. Member applications are accepted by Zodiak’s executive board.
The entities in charge of Zodiak’s finances and administration are the organisation’s general meeting and executive board. Zodiak’s artistic activities and profile are the responsibility of the organisation’s artistic director and an artistic board. Zodiak’s annual program is based on an open call for productions.
Zodiak Presents ry’s executive board 2021–2022:
- Head of Producer Services Nina Numminen
- Lighting designer Erno Aaltonen
- Dancer Hanna Ahti
- Choreographer Jenni-Elina von Bagh
- MA Riitta Heinämaa
- Chorepgrapher Soili Huhtakallio
- Vice Dean Tanja Johansson
- Artist Teemu Mäki
- Choreographer Veli Lehtovaara